Pond & Water Feature Clean Out Service – Maintenance Packages Available!
We Handle a Variety Of Clean Outs to Restore Your Pond!
At Tru Lawn Aquascapes we have a variety of water feature clean out services that take care of your pond, stream or water feature you currently have. Remove debris, decay and ecosystem disrupting bacteria that is causing harm to the overall health of your water feature.
We also have treatments available in case a FULL Clean Out Service is needed (full deep clean of neglected feature with an abundance of algae or build up). These treatments add beneficial bacteria to clean and manage the balance of the ecosystem. This is ESPECIALLY important if you have fish in the pond or water feature. Adding these treatments help acclimate the fish to the new water and de-stress the fish. Fish can be sensitive to a water replacement, so we typically save an amount of old water just in case it’s needed.
As you can tell the clean out process on this feature was very thorough. Overgrown plants were removed or trimmed as needed, all the algae was removed and the entire feature was deep cleaned with a new small pump for the feature was installed as well. Your clean out and maintenance can be tailored for your exact feature, depending on what is needed to clean and maintain it. We have a process for the service listed below.
What is the Process for a Clean Out or Maintenance Package?
- We first start by filling the holding tank if fish are in the pond. Then we safely capture the fish with a net and place them in the holding tank with aerators while the service is being performed.
- De-stress is added to help calm the fish during the process. We want them nice and relaxed when we clean there home!
- Next we remove the old water from feature by use of a heavy duty pump.
- Once drained we will use a pressure washer with care for the feature to clean off any excess algae build up and debris.
- This process can take a while depending on how much muck, debris and algae is in your feature.
- We will trim and remove and unnecessary plants or growth that may interfere with your feature as needed. Overgrown plants, shrubs and aquatics can add additional bacteria into the water over time.
- We remove and clean any filtration media used in skimmers and water falls as fish waste and other debris may become trapped, causing reduced or full choking of your water pump. This results in a high flow rate and optimal filtration and pump performance.
- Once completely cleaned we drain the feature of any remaining dirty water. We may also use a heavy duty shop-vac to remove water and build up from any skimmer, water falls (Bio Falls) or any other areas water may be to ensure a full clean out.
- Once the clean out is nearly finished, the last step is to refill the pond or feature with water. We also place the 500 gallons of water that was used for the fish. This is completely normal and aid in the process of creating a healthy ecosystem. Once the pond or feature water is replenished, we will add the treatments for Clean, Protect and Maintain. These treatments boost the process of cleaning the water as it will be a tad murky due to sand/dust that’s floating in the water when refilled.
- Fish will go back in as the last part and we will clean up the work area to ensure your property is well kept and clean during and after the clean out. We may need to use a close by water source to refill. You may be responsible for filling the feature yourself after we finish if the water source is slow, or the pond is extremely large.
- That’s it! Your pond and water feature clean out service is completed!